Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Zilber Ltd. is a prominent, full-service real estate company known for its diversified residential and commercial capabilities. The Zilber Ltd. organization has been operating for 70 years – investing, building, and managing real estate throughout the U.S., providing value to its customers while revitalizing communities.
Zilber Ltd. is majority-owned by the Joseph and Vera Zilber Charitable Foundation, Inc., a private, not-for-profit grant-making institution that seeks to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and neighborhoods.
In recent years, the Foundation has made grants to help people meet basic human needs, gain access to education and employment, and improve their neighborhoods. Contributions have helped to:
- Fund and build the new Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee which conducts research, educates the public health workforce, and develops strategies and policies to improve public health
- Fund new facilities and provide scholarships for students at Marquette University
- Expand efforts to improve the lives of homeless men, women, and children; and those affected by domestic violence
- Make substance abuse treatment services available to people seeking to recover from drug, alcohol, and other addictions
- Finance projects that improve the quality of life in targeted urban neighborhoods
- Promote healthy child and youth development, from improving birth outcomes to supporting in-school, after-school, and summer programs
- Provide funding for quality of life and end of life facilities such as birthing centers and hospice
- Accomplish many other endeavors that the Foundation believes will improve our country and the lives of its citizens