Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Zilber Ltd. is a prominent, full-service real estate company known for its diversified residential and commercial capabilities. The Zilber Ltd. organization has been operating for 70 years – investing, building, and managing real estate throughout the U.S., providing value to its customers while revitalizing communities.
Zilber Ltd. is majority-owned by the Joseph and Vera Zilber Charitable Foundation, Inc., a private, nonprofit grant-making institution that seeks to enhance the well-being of individuals, families, and neighborhoods.
In recent years, the Foundation has made grants to help people meet basic human needs, increase access to social and economic opportunity, and improve conditions in neighborhoods. Contributions have helped to:
- Establish the Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which educates the public health workforce, conducts research, and develops strategies and policies to improve the public health of diverse communities
- Support new facilities and scholarships for students at Marquette University
- Expand access to food, shelter, and clothing for homeless individuals and families
- Help families affected by domestic violence achieve safety, justice, and well-being
- Support substance abuse treatment services for people seeking to recover from drug, alcohol, and other addictions
- Promote healthy child and youth development through mentoring and out-of-school time programs
- Improve the safety and quality of life in targeted urban neighborhoods by improving public spaces, commercial corridors, and housing conditions
- Increase the economic well-being of low income populations through small business and workforce development programs